On May 19, Governor Jay Inslee announced modifications to the “Stay Home, Stay Healthy” Order for Phase 2 re-opening. Real estate activities in Washington will resume in counties approved for Phase 2, with specific protocols.
Our commitment during these challenging times to safely help our clients continue moving their lives forward. To do so, here are the guidelines we must follow:
WHAT WE CAN AND CANNOT DO DURING PHASE 2:
- Open houses are not allowed under any circumstances
- Real estate brokers and industry partners (e.g. appraisers, inspectors, photographers, stagers, etc.) must wear cloth face coverings. We encourage clients to do the same.
- Home showings of active listings are by appointment only
- Three persons can be present in a home at a time, including the broker, and must remain six feet apart
- Scheduled inspections and appraisals for pending transactions are allowed
- All real estate activities must meet social distancing, appropriate health standards, and worker protection measures
- Moving companies may operate using social distancing and other protective measures
While real estate brokers now have more latitude during Phase 2, we want you to know that our highest priority is the safety of our brokers, our clients, and our community. To minimize physical contact, we encourage using virtual tours, video chat, and other forms of technology. With these tools, you can continue to view homes, stay connected to your broker, and conduct business. [Learn about the ways were are putting virtual tools to work for our clients]
Despite the challenges, we’re are more focused than ever on taking care of our clients and helping to achieve their real estate goals. We will continue to serve you with outstanding professionalism, attention to detail, and commitment to service.
For additional information please visit the Northwest Multiple Listing Service FAQ.